The Harmony Program is pleased to be expanding its summer programming this year. We will be providing all of our students from across the City and Long Island with access to musical training every day from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. for six weeks during July and August! Our expanded offerings will include group instrumental instruction, orchestra rehearsals, music history, theory, and improvisation as well as feature guest artist and special performances.
In addition to playing with the Harmony Program, many of our students and alumni will be participating in other impressive programs this summer. Below are just a few of these selective opportunities:
- National Take a Stand Festival in Los Angeles (performing under Maestro Gustavo Dudamel) – trombonist, Justin Laurenceau, and violinist, Angelo Chery, both from Brooklyn
- El Sistema Europe – Double bass player, Ryan Hau, from Brooklyn
- Leadership Ambassador Summit at Harvard University – violinist, Kierah Harris, from Long Island
- Mark O’Connor Fiddle Camp (with scholarship) – cellist, Tamika Merise, and violinist, Baldwin Cyriaque, from Brooklyn
- Manhattan School of Music Summer Camp – Bassist, Paul Holguin, from Washington Heights