In class and on stage, our teachers inspire the musician in every child.
MAKING A DIFFERENCEMusic is part of a well-rounded education and should be available to all of the City’s children. By teaching young people to make music, Harmony teachers not only share their talents, but help to close the opportunity gap in underserved communities.
DEVELOPING SKILLSWe prepare teachers to make a lasting impact. Our training workshops focus on strategies and techniques to reach every learner. Ongoing observation and evaluation by experienced educators throughout the year provide our teachers with the support they need to succeed.
BUILDING A NETWORKEvery Harmony Program teacher is part of a network of community-minded professionals who work to engage and inspire young people through music. Our teachers collaborate with other educators and artists to exchange ideas and learn from each other.
Ongoing training, an established curriculum, and a supportive network of fellow educators provide the foundation for our teachers to grow and succeed.
Harmony for teachers
HANDS-ON EXPERIENCELead small classes, coach chamber ensembles, and conduct beginner orchestras.
PROFESSIONAL GROWTHAchieve improved results in the classroom through observation and formal evaluation.
PEER-TO-PEER COLLABORATIONLearn from colleagues by working in pairs and teams of like-minded musicians and teachers.
GUIDED INSTRUCTIONDesign lesson plans and prepare students to perform with the help of an established curriculum.
ONGOING SUPPORTParticipate in training throughout the year to develop teaching methods and strategies.
Meet our teachers
- Patrick Adams Trumpet, P.S. 107, Castle Bridge School
- Tia Allen Viola
- Ella Avni-Levi Choir, P.S. 59, P.S. 315
- Timothy Barrus Violin
- Raffi Boden Cello
- Mili Chang Flute
- Laura Cocks Flute, Faculty Mentor
- Julia Danitz Violin, Faculty Mentor
- Megan Delatour Viola
- Alev Gokce Erem Violin
- Leanne Friedman Flute
- Adam Gallob Clarinet, GCCS
- Julian Garvue Choir, P.S. 107
- Thomas Giles Saxophone, Faculty Mentor
- Kate Goddard Violin, P.S. 173
- Nate Goldsmith Cello, M.S. 358Q
- Leerone Hakimi Vioin, Ella Baker School
- Rowan Harvey Violin, P.S. 124
- Joshua Hunton Viola, P.S. 124
- Elad Kabilio Cello
- Eunbi Kim Cello
- Julia Kostenko Strings
- Marija Kovacevic Violin, P.S. 124
- Alia Kuhnert Trumpet
- Liz Lee Violin, Faculty Mentor
- Ethan Lucas Percussion, P.S. 107
- Oscar Martinez Viola, Ella Baker School
- Thea Mesirow Cello
- Lia Mooney Cello, P.S. 124
- Ato Noel Flute, P.S. 107
- Tree Palmedo Trumpet
- Yaegy Park Violin, P.S. 124
- Veronica Riner Violin, Castle Bridge School
- Fildza Rizal Violin, P.S. 114
- Jake Sandakly Choir, Ella Baker School
- Eric Schultz Clarinet
- Sarah Schoeffler Cello
- Nicole Schroeder Flute
- Wick Simmons Cello, P.S. 128
- Abby Swidler Violin
- Alina Tamborini Choir
- Grady Tesch Percussion
- Antoine Thouvenin Violin, P.S. 3
- Antonio Truyols Piano, Conductor, M.S. 322
- David Valbuena Winds
- Katie von Braun Violin
- Chelsea Whimmer Violin, Viola
- Yu-Ting Wu Violin
- Gizem Yucel Viola, Faculty Mentor
Play Your Part
Our students and teachers make a tremendous commitment to music education, but it’s your commitment as a Harmony Program supporter that makes it possible. Donate today and help change lives through music.
If you’re passionate about using music to inspire students and families, we want to hear from you. Apply to teach with the Harmony Program and share your talents while developing new skills.